Monday 20 October 2008

David Revisited - Literally


The problem with holidays is that you can't blog - so apologies for the lack of postings over the last couple of weeks. But the good thing about holidays is that you get to go away and do something different and exciting.

So - Before I move onto stuff more in line with the aims of this blog - I wanted to just pay some respect to David Tennant. As I happen to have a massive David Tennant / Dr Who fan in my family, the 2 of us went down to Stratford-upon-Avon in July to see Hamlet and did the obligatory stage door thing too - getting David's autograph [and Patrick Stewart's for that matter]. I managed recently - don't ask how because these things are like hens teeth I'm not really sure how it was possible - to get tickets for Loves Labours Lost which also features that man Tennant. And believe me they were not just any tickets these were front-row-inches-away-from-the-guy tickets we literally could have touched him while he was on stage.

The play was amazing - and this is the respect thing - David Tennant is an incredible actor - I really enjoyed Hamlet but actually enjoyed Loves Labours Lost even more [if that was really possible] - not only is he incredible - the play really hinged on his ability to alter the mood through his acting - he really carries an amazing stage presence.

And hats off to him for coming to the stage door again - [yes she got his autograph again and managed to speak to him too] - He's been doing this since July when Hamlet first kicked off and there he was in October still trotting out to sign autographs and chat to people.

Trust me - if you can get your hands on tickets at both for either of these plays - do not hesitate!






God bless you David.








No comments: