Thursday 2 July 2009

Adopted by cat!

It's official - the cat next door has adopted us. We have been on nodding acquaintance with the cat for some time, but 2 weeks ago it takes to following us and then sitting on our windowsill, it miaows. The rain then becomes torrential and the cat remains on our windowsill, miaowing. We cave and let it in! Then it goes like this..

I am working from home - walk into the kitchen - cat is on windowsill, miaows and tries to get in the window. I walk through to the utility room, cat jumps off windowsill and sits at back door, miaows. I walk through to the study to work, cat sits at front door, miaows. I am working, cat starts to jump up at front door handle, miaows. I walk back through to kitchen, cat appears and sits on the windowsill, miaows - you get my drift...
I think, ah well should maybe just go into back garden and work out there before cat damages self jumping at door handle. Take all my gear outside. Cat comes and sits at my feet, miaows. House so hot that doors at the back are open. Cat decides to go into house, miaows.

I think the cat is lonely and comes and hangs out with us, miaowing, while it's owners - do cats have owners, or just people they use who feed them and give them some place to sleep? - are out. With the back door open these last few days because of the heat, cat now strolls into house, miaowing. Tried to confine it's ownership of house to kitchen but cat now feels free to wander at will, miaowing. Doesn't really like to get stroked prefers to just come and sit near you, miaowing.

Cat now appears to be in house each night I come home! usually it does eventually go home, but has now taken to sitting outside daughter's bedroom window at night, miaowing.

Did I mention that this is the miaowing-est cat I ever came across?


No comments: