Saturday 27 September 2008

Space & Time - It's a Continuum

Just too busy with work, with church and with Street Pastors; as well as all the domestic calls with family etc. that it's easy to feel life is completely out of balance. Sometimes feel that I'm on the end of an elastic thread. The good thing is it's still anchored but it's scary being stretched so far. I'm keenly aware of needing time for prayer and contemplation but not finding that it can be very easily accommodated in the midst of everything else.

The couple of courses from last September through to May this year exploring Ignatian spirituality were the best things I've done in terms of spiritual growth and understanding about prayer and reflection. Not only the opportunity to explore ways of praying and contemplating God and the movement of God in my life but I discovered the absolute value of having a Spiritual Director. This morning, after a sorely missed 3 months, I met with my Spiritual Director again. What a huge help and encouragement - she seems to straighten out the crooked paths and things seem to fall into place. She has amazing spiritual discernment and wisdom and I so appreciate that. There is such a sense of peace and she leaves me with lots to think and pray about.
'>


Check out the Epiphany website in my blog list for more information on courses locally. A good introduction to St Ignatius of Loyola, would be Landmarks by Margaret Silf - a book I can't recommend highly enough.

1 comment:

Mo said...

I have no idea what you are blaming Doris Day for but get your need for time to balance the inside to deal with the outside. Glad you have found someone who can help steer the path a little.