Friday 19 September 2008

Tony Campolo meets Mother Teresa

A formidable pairing..listening to Tony's podcast 'Across the Pond' and thinking about 'blessed are the meek' or as the NLT puts it 'God blesses those who are gentle and lowly - for the whole earth will belong to them'. Struggling with what it means to be meek - what a difficult word that is.... But Tony says a great thing - the world will take us seriously when we have sacrified enough. That's where authority comes from - from sacrifice - what has the church sacrificed recently? - what have I sacrificed in my life to gain that authority? - not power.

Someone once said you have to earn the right to preach the gospel - How do I earn the right, through sacrifice, to speak with authority of God's love?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TonyCampoloPodcast

1 comment:

Doug said...

Your question “how do I earn the right, through sacrifice, to speak with authority of God's love” makes sense to me and is challenging. I read this earlier in the week on your blog and it has really stayed with me….